Okta is the leading solution for user authentication and single sign-on (SSO) for workforce as well as customer identities. Okta is capable of managing SSO to wide range of applications along with multi-factor authentication, directory integrations and lifecycle management from the cloud.
SailPoint IdentityNow is a cloud based identity and access management solution which aims to provide identity-as-a-service. IdentityNow enables a complete set of IAM capabilities delivered from the cloud to manage hybrid IT environments that include on-premises and cloud resources. IdentityNow supports SAML based Single Sign On. SAML is an open standard which allows an identity provider (like Okta) to pass on authentication information to a service provider (like IdentityNow).
In the following demonstration, we take a look at the SAML integration of IdentityNow with Okta for Single Sign-on. We will also go over the Active Directory integration in Okta and how this can be backed by IdentityNow’s lifecycle management.
You have to admit that there are many people who change their password to ‘incorrect’ .That way it always reminds them whenever they enter a wrong password – “your password is incorrect” . Also a survey stated more than 78% of people tend to forget their latest passwords within 21 days of inactivity .
Amidst such scenarios , securing and monitoring the access for any external users like partners, contractors and customers who have access to organizational resources have always been a challenge for many organizations thereby increasing the demand for a centralized login system. Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials.
Okta is the one of the leading provider for user authentication and standards-based single sign-on (SSO) for employee, partner and customer identity types. Okta supports and manages SSO for the enterprises with wide range of applications thereby providing a single secured centralized login system.
SailPoint IdentityIQ supports Single sign-on as one of its supported login configurations . The SSO is based on the SAML protocol which is a standard protocol for the SSO and other security assertions.
In the world of Identity Management, securing and monitoring the access for the external users like partners, contractors and customers who have access to organizational resources have always been a challenge for many organizations. To mitigate and help the organizations to secure their resources two big Identity management products partnered together in February 2018. Okta and SailPoint announced a strategic partnership to provide an end-to-end identity for the enterprise – helping organizations balance providing simple, secure user access while meeting complex compliance and security requirements.
Benefits of the Combined Solutions
• Effectively manage user identities’ authentication, application assignments, while ensuring all governance and compliance requirements are met.
• Authenticate user access with single sign-on and multi-factor authentication.
• Ensure that for sensitive applications, only the right user has access, authorization policies are enforced, and the process is documented, timestamped and compliant.
• Automate provisioning throughout the user lifecycle by simplifying processes for creating, modifying and revoking access.
• Automate provisioning of applications adherent to corporate policies.
• Trigger provisioning workflows from authoritative sources, such as Active Directory or HR systems, to ensure consistency and increase efficiency.