Sailpoint IdentityIQ uses log4j framework for logging. “log4j.properties” is the file where all the logging related properties are configured. IdentityIQ Servers would a need a refresh of the log4j configurations after anything changes to log4.properties are made.
- Launch the debug pages in IdentityIQ
- Click on the “Logging” option in the menu.
- Click on “Reload Logging Configuration”
log4j configurations whenever there are any changes have to refreshed across all the servers present in the environment. However, when a load balancer is configured, we might not have control to access individual servers through UI, thus making the refresh of log4j configurations through UI on each server.
There are 3 possible solutions for this problem.
- Temporarily re-directing load-balancer traffic to only one server and refresh the configurations on the same through debug pages. This process has to be repeated across all the servers.
- Accessing IdentityIQ through individual server host-names or IP addresses rather than load balancer URL. This may not be quite helpful as servers are usually configured in a way that individual servers redirect us towards load balancer URL.
- Best way in which this could be performed is through IIQ console.
Following are the steps to follow for the same.
- Repeat the above steps for all servers in the environments.